Colette Quilt

Okay, so it’s been awhile. Life has been crazy! Since I last posted, our family has grown by one, so it’s been an adjustment!

This quilt has been a WIP for almost EXACTLY 4 years. I bought the fabric (Colette by Moda) in August of 2016. I started work on it the following summer during our family vacation, and didn’t complete the top until the following year.

I assembled it into what I *thought* would be a good broken dishes pattern, but I think it turned out looking more like a pinwheel quilt, so when I designed the quilting pattern, I tried to pick out something that would try to help distinguish the separate blocks.

Last summer I was lucky enough to finally be able to put this quilt top on my MIL’s longarm, and I spent roughly 10 hours quilting it over 3 days. I used a combination of free motion quilting and ruler work. It’s very far from perfect (there’s a row or two where I accidentally did the wrong ‘block’ pattern which messed up the rest of the row. But, overall, for my first attempt, I’m really pleased with how it turned out!

I backed it with a 108” backing from Connecting Threads, only realizing 3 months later that I had already bought backing for it years ago. Oops. It all worked out in the end, though. At least I bound it in the original fabric I purchased for it!

img_20200616_121112

Stay tuned, I have a VERY exciting announcement coming in the next few weeks!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s